Lightweight technology can create exceptional ceiling effects while reducing the weight and costs of components. Even the ‘heavy beam’ look can be efficiently achieved without the cost of an expensive structure to support the load. Please review the case study below as an example:
- Contractor/architect came to CedarCrest to investigate possible solutions for an architectural ceiling treatment for a hospital lecture theater
- Project involved required 1” x 6” and 3” x 10” beams with lengths up to 27’
- Project was specified with beams made of Glulam, this was causing tremendous issues with support structure and budget
- CedarCrest designed and prototyped a solution using lightweight technology which immediately eliminated the issue of support structure and brought the project in under budget
- For more detail as to materials and sizes available refer to architectural ceilings
CedarCrest is your source for innovative hollow core ceiling construction. Contact us today to discuss your project.